Division 8 (West Valley)

The Van Nuys Division 8 was former Pacific Electric Railway Company property.

Subsequently the Metropolitan Coach Lines purchased it on October 1, 1953, in the location of 14557 Sherman Way, Van Nuys.

When Los Angeles Metropolitan Transit Authority purchased Metropolitan Coach Lines on March 3, 1958, it was still known as the Van Nuys Division.

It was officially assigned identification of Division 8 on August 15, 1958.

In 1954, the Van Nuys Division had approximately 60 motor coaches and 75 operators.In June of 1955, a new Transportation Department Administrative Building was built and occupied. During 1959, Division 8 operated 3,716,415 miles in service.

In 1960, Division 8 had 104 motor coaches and 184 operators assigned.

The Van Nuys Division 8 was replaced by a new Division 8 in Chatsworth, at 9201 Canoga Avenue, which opened in December 1982.

An estimated 1,000 people attended an opening “fiesta” on January 16, 1983.

In 1990 its yard was designed to hold 245 buses and had 348 operators.