1902: The Los Angeles & Pasadena Electric Railway Company is deeded to the Pacific Electric Railway Company.
Prior to this event, in 1894, the railway (also known as the Pasadena & Los Angeles Electric Railway) had purchased all Pasadena street railway companies.
On May 1, 1895, Southern California’s first interurban line opens.
It ran from 4th & Spring Streets in downtown Los Angeles to Fair Oaks & Chestnut Streets in Pasadena.
It later becomes the forebearer of both the Los Angeles-Pacific and the original Pacific Electric Railway.
However, its circuitous route is later superceded by the Pasadena Short Line, and it degenerates into a streetcar line terminating at South Pasadena.
The new “Short Line” opens on July 4, 1902.