1907: Los Angeles Railway officially opened Division 3 in Cypress Park as a rail division.Motor coaches are later assigned to the Division on November 22, 1945, in conjunction with rail service.
Although Yellow Car streetcar service is discontinued at the Division on May 21, 1955, the Cypress Park site continues in service today with hundreds of natural gas powered Metro buses serving the San Gabriel Valley Sector.
More information and historic photos can be found in the May 25, 2007 issue of MyMetro employee news publication.
1937: For the first time in their history, Los Angeles Railway and Los Angeles Motor Coach Company employees and management have a written agreement governing wages, hours and working conditions. The agreement includes a five-cent per hour raise.
1955: Los Angeles Transit Lines rolls out service for the last time on five different streetcar lines:
- F (Union Station – South Vermont)
- 5 (Hawthorne – Eagle Rock)
- 7 (South Broadway – Sunset & Spring)
- 8 (West 54th – North Main)
- 9 (West 48th – Lincoln Park)