2002: The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority launches the Regional EZpass, Los Angeles County’s first regional transit pass program.
The passes, available beginning August 25, entitle the holder to unlimited local travel on all MTA buses and trains and on the fixed route bus systems of the following municipal transit operators:
- Culver City Municipal Bus Lines
- Foothill Transit
- Montebello Bus Lines
- Gardena Municipal Bus Lines
- Commerce Municipal Bus Lines
- Long Beach Transit
- Los Angeles Department of Transportation (LADOT)
- Norwalk Transit
- Santa Monica’s Big Blue Bus
- Torrance Transit
- Santa Clarita Transit
The program is regarded as a significant step toward seamless transit service and a Universal Fare System.
More information can be found in the August 13, 2002 issue of the MyMetro employee news digest.