1875: The first horsecar, known as “Old No. 1,” arrives in Los Angeles to begin service on the Agricultural Park Line beginning July 1.
Agricultural Park is now known as Exposition Park.
The Agricultural Park Line was the second in the city, as the spring and West Sixth Street Railroad had been operating to the Washington Gardens for a year.
The southerly terminal was at Washington and Main Streets. The streetcar line was purchased by Los Angeles Railway in September, 1898 and began operations on October 1 of the same year.
More information can be found in the September, 1946 issue of Two Bells, the Los Angeles Railway employee news magazine.